We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Foray Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 375
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Ample ventilation for breathability.
- Hip-belt compatible pockets.
- Elastic wrists with Velcro for easy adjustment.
- Very light and packable.
- Full side zips allows you to wear it over a hip belt.
- The adjustable hood fits snug.
- The sleeves are long enough to fully cover your wrists without riding up.
- Able to unzip from the bottom due to two zipper pulls.
- Features Paclite technology with a 50D polyester exterior to promote breathability and durability.
- Breathes better than most of the competition.
- The full-length zippered vents promote exceptional breathability.
- Features a micro-fleece patch for chin comfort.
- Cord-lock adjustments for the hood can be used with one hand and accurately adjusts the hood.
- The hood can fit over a helmet.
- Hanging loop on the back of the neck for easy storage.
- Two hand pockets are reinforced with Gore-Tex Paclite.
- The zippered vents allows you to loop your hipbelt under the front of your coat, preventing any slipping.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Waterproof, but are some reports of the DWR treatment wearing off quickly.
- The brim of the hood may get deformed and not be able to return to the original shape.
- Shows wear-and-tear quickly.
- Can be difficult to pull the zippers one-handed or with gloves on.
- The fabric gets wet after prolonged wear in the rain, but it does not permeate through the waterproof membrane.
- There are numerous zippers, which means more possibilities for snagging or catching in the future.
- The material can feel clammy if you put it on while the outer layer is wet, but the jacket quickly dries.
The Outdoor Research Foray Jacket for men is a durable and adjustable waterproof layer. The proficient ventilation and versatility make this a good choice for various outdoor adventures.