We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia R2 Fleece Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 100
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and warm as a mid layer.
- Warm and lightweight.
- Warm, comfortable mid layer for cold weather activities.
- Allows for mobility and range of motion.
- Offset shoulders do not interfere with pack straps.
- Panels along underside of arms and sides increase durability of these high-wear areas.
- Thumb loops make it easy to add an outer layer.
- Wicks moisture, is breathable and dries quickly.
- Washes and wears well.
- Easy to compress for packing.
- Stylish but maybe a bit “techy” to wear around town.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not fit as well as earlier models.
- Does not fit well if you do not have a slim build.
- Not windproof.
- No drawstring at the hem.
- Front zipper bunches up and is uncomfortable when fully zipped.
- Neither waterproof nor wind resistant.
- Slim cut does not fit everyone.
- Sleeves are a bit long.
- Expensive for a mid-layer fleece.
Patagonia’s R2 Fleece Jacket for men is a soft, warm mid layer for all cool weather activities. Thumb loops make it is easy to layer, and there are several pockets including zippered ones to stash your valuables. This jacket is a bit pricey for a fleece that is neither wind resistant nor water repellent, though it does breathe and dry quickly. It fits best on men with a tall, slim build.