We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL Tent: 1-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 77 (out of 100)
User Rating: 3.9 stars
Expert Rating: 3.8 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 38
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight for carrying long distances during treks and thru-hikes.
- Contains plenty of room for a solo hiker to stretch out and store gear items.
- Features an internal organizer to keep smaller items in their proper place and avoid clutter.
- Quick and easy to set up for beginner use.
- Keeps you dry during intense wind and rain for use in inclement weather.
- Very lightweight when compared to other ultralight tents.
- Fast and easy to set-up, making this a good choice for solo beginner hikers.
- Packs down small for easy transportation during long hikes.
- The price is fair and comparable for the high-quality construction and materials.
- Waterproof to withstand long bouts of rain and storms during inclement weather.
- The mesh ceiling helps provide extra airiness and roominess inside of the tent.
- The shock cord that holds the poles together is thin, to save weight, but remains durable during intense weather and rough use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The knots on the guy lines are not adjustable, leading to a lack of personalization.
- The entry and exit is a bit tedious and tough if you are a bigger or taller person.
- The one entry/exit point can limit the ease of use when getting in and out of the tent in a hurry.
- Only contains one vestibule, limiting storage space and organization.
- The buckles that attach the rainfly to the inner can break, potentially causing problems while you are out on the trail.
- The tent is only semi-freestanding, limiting the versatility based on your current camping conditions.
- The higher height of the tent can sometimes be unfavorable in high wind conditions.
The Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL Tent: 1-Person 3-Season is a lightweight, easy-to-use, and waterproof tent that works well for solo backpackers. For those who want to save weight and need a one person tent that has sufficient room, is comfortable, and functional, this could be a good option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.