We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Fjallraven Vidda Pro Long Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 210
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Thick ripstop fabric is super durable.
- Excellent fit that looks good but allows movement.
- You can control the weatherproofing with the wax treatment.
- All the pockets.
- Literally tough as nails.
- The fabric is thick and durable.
- Tons of pockets with great organization.
- Unique eco friendly weatherproofing technique.
- Fjallraven is known for their sustainable manufacturing processes and the Vidda Pro is no exception.
- The bottom hem is basically a gaiter with an adjustable cuff and a lace hook.
- Reinforced wear points make for a very long lasting pant.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Fjallraven quality comes with Fjallraven price.
- Almost too warm.
- Requires maintenance to stay weatherproof.
- Caters to a slim build.
- Thick material means heavy material and limited breathability.
- With no ventilation, the pants get way too hot over 65 degrees.
- Despite having 6 pockets all over the pants, none of them are on the backside.
- The rugged fabric is also rigid with no stretch.
- A little overkill for just on trail hiking or urban adventure.
The Fjallraven Vidda Pro Long Pant for men continues Fjallraven’s legacy of gear built to outlast its wearer. With their legendary G1000 fabric, along with reinforced knees and seat, this pair of pants can handle any amount of abuse you throw at them. All that rough and tumble durability comes at the price of breathability and movability, but these pants do well at any temp below 60 degrees F. For a pair of pants you could pass on to your grandchildren, a bit of comfort is a small price.