We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Boulder X Approach Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 59
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and fits true-to-size.
- Ample arch support.
- Sufficient padding for support and comfort.
- The rubber is great for traction.
- Great shoes for approaches, scrambling, and hiking due to versatility.
- Shown to perform well on technical approaches and some crack climbs.
- The rubber is sticky on flat rocks for extra confidence.
- The padded tongue and leather upper are able to be broken in fairly quickly.
- The 2mm polypropylene insole, combined with an EVA mid-sole, provides support and comfort in the inside of the shoe.
- The Vibram V-Smear and Impact Brake System provides traction on the outer sole.
- Features an aggressive tread design, proving this shoe to be suitable for approaches and hiking.
- The shoe is a little heavier than the competition, but makes for a decent all-around shoe.
- The rubber combined with the lacing down to the toes really secures the foot.
- This shoe is one of the most comfortable in its class.
- The shoe is extremely stable, secure, and durable.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The shoes may be a little high in the foot bed, which is not ideal for those prone to ankle issues.
- The shoes may take a little longer to break-in if you want to use your own insoles.
- The front of the shoe is too wide for crack climbing.
- The shoe can smear well for the shape, but is not proficient for edging.
- The shoe is too heavy to carry on a harness.
- Reports of the lining splitting.
- The shoe is not very breathable due to lack of ventilation, and dries slowly.
The La Sportiva Boulder X Approach Shoe for women is an all-around approach, hiking, and light climbing shoe. The versatility and support are great for those interested in a comfortable and supportive shoe that is proficient in approaches, scrambling, hiking, and some light slab/crack climbing.