We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX Hiking Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 297
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable arch support for all-day use.
- Fits true to size for ease in online ordering.
- Works well for those who don’t need an additional support and want a lightweight option.
- Provides plenty of arch support for all-day walking and hiking.
- The toe box is roomy to prevent your toes from hitting the front of the shoe during descents.
- Versatile to use for trail running, hiking, and casual outdoor wear.
- The sole provides plenty of traction on slippery surfaces.
- Provides ample grip on slippery and tough terrain.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort.
- Features a protective toecap that protects your feet during tough terrain.
- Minimal break-in time for a comfortable fit right away.
- Versatile for use in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
- Works well as an all-around shoe for everyday use.
- Durable for long-term use over multiple seasons.
- Great quality for the price you pay.
- The lugs are widely spaced to provide sturdy traction on smooth and uneven surfaces.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The fit and construction might be too stiff for some users who want more minimalist footwear.
- The laces are not very durable and require many replacements during the lifespan of your shoe.
- The Quicklace system is not the most secure or the quickest to use.
- Since the shoe uses Gore-Tex for weatherproofing, the shoe can be a bit warmer than other options for a summer day.
- The shoes might not provide enough support for some users while carrying heavy loads.
- The fit is more narrow than other options, which will not work for wider feet.
The Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX Hiking Shoe for women is a versatile, comfortable, and sturdy all-day shoe. Despite having laces of questionable durability, the protection, fit, and grip provide a reliable and confidence-inspiring shoe that works for a variety of outdoor activities.