We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Norrona Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 89
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The jacket’s waterproofing works.
- Ample air ventilation via pit-zips.
- Features an additional air vent on the chest for extra breathability.
- Hood can be used with and without a helmet.
- Sleeves reach below the wrist for full coverage.
- The pockets can be used with backpacks and harness, for maximum functionality.
- Many reports of windproofing and waterproofing working.
- Long enough cut in the back to cover below a backpack.
- Works with the Lofoten Gore-Tex pants, promoting snow-proof ability with a connection via the flex skirt.
- The fit is roomy enough for ample mobility, without being too baggy.
- The seams, zippers, and fabric all work together to keep wetness out.
- The wrist gaiters on the sleeve aid in preventing snow from coming inside.
- The seam-taping and finishing promotes weather-proofing and durability.
- The jacket has internal wrist cuffs, and can be zipped to compatible pants.
- Features the same mobility as a single-layer system, allowing for full range of motion.
- The pit-zips extend from your elbow to waist, promoting breathability.
- When you open the pit-zips and the front vent, the jacket allows for maximum air flow without billowing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of flimsy zippers and having to replace.
- The sleeve length may be too long for some.
- Some reports of delamination and Velcro coming off after prolonged use.
- No inside pocket for storage.
- Some wish the wrist Velcro straps were a bit longer for additional adjustability.
- Expensive compared to other similar models.
- This jacket is one of the least insulating options in its class.
- Features no hand-warmer pockets for warmth and storage.
- No headphone routing for functionality with electronics.
The Norrona Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Jacket for men is a top choice for alpine adventurers who ski, mountaineer, and spend time in the backcountry. The combination of durability, lightweight material, and great venting make this a great choice for high intensity winter excursions.