We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Ama Dablam Down Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 84
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- This jacket is very true to fit.
- Attractive jacket with nice colors.
- Lots of pockets.
- Real down packs very small.
- Plenty warm well below freezing.
- Super warm and keeps the wind off you.
- Very stylish, perfect for a night on the town or an easy ski day.
- Plenty of room for layers underneath.
- A fully adjustable hood makes sure it won’t blow off your head.
- Double action zipper for more comfort and to fit a harness.
- Fits inside own pocket.
- Hood fits over a climbing helmet.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A few users said it sheds down a little more than typical for a down jacket.
- Down is no good when wet, and this jacket is not waterproof at all.
- Not breathable.
- Not durable enough for more hardcore enthusiasts.
The Marmot Ama Dablam Down Jacket for women is a fashionable down jacket equally at home in the resort as on the slopes. With 800 fill real down, you stay warm well below freezing and even in blustery winds. If you plan on being in a storm however, bring along an outer shell to protect from moisture, this jacket is certainly not waterproof and down doesn’t do well when wet. With amazing features like a helmet compatible and adjustable hood, a zippered arm pocket, and a self contained inner pocket/stuff sack, this jacket is the real deal.