We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Norrona Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 33
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Gore-Tex Pro material is extremely breathable.
- Powder skirt is durable and functional and doesn’t ride up.
- Sleeves have hems on the cuffs and are easily adjustable.
- Lightweight, but remains burly and durable.
- Runs true to size.
- Color choices are attractive and easy to see on the slopes.
- Gore-Tex Pro fabric works very well and provides ample weather protection.
- High-quality material and construction.
- Powder skirt and pants integration is top-of-the-line.
- Internal wrist cuffs promote weather protection and adjustability.
- Nice that the jacket can be zipped securely to Lofoten pants.
- Pit zips with no mesh backing aid in ventilation.
- Many reports of people liking the fit and feel, due to ample room for layering underneath and the flexible fabric.
- Bright colors and stylish trim aid in the fashionable look.
- Features a fleece chin guard for added protection and comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of two rips occurring at the same place at the bottom of the jacket, near the cinches for tightening.
- Some color discrepancies online versus in person.
- Inner pockets are too tiny to even use for most items.
- No hand pockets for easy storage and access.
- No dual zippers for easy and quick unzipping for temperature regulation.
- Jacket has basically no insulation and offers little to no warmth beyond the protection provided by the shell material.
- Fewer pockets than much of the competition.
- No headphone routing or reflectors.
The Norrona Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Jacket for women is best suited for those who enjoy having the flexibility of choosing their layers based upon the current conditions, instead of relying on one jacket as a do-it-all piece. The lighter weight of this jacket combined with the extreme weather resistance, adjustability, and high-quality construction, along with higher-tech features like internal wrist cuffs and pants that can be integrated, make this a great choice for alpine layering during all weather conditions.