We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Trekker Sleeping Pad and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 120
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Quick to roll and unroll for ease-of-use.
- Lightweight, but remains fairly durable for the lighter material.
- Provides enough support and padding to prevent you feeling any hard spots on the ground.
- The fabric material can keep you from sliding and keeps you centered on the pad.
- Provides ample warmth in most weather conditions.
- The inflation process is quick and easy for added efficiency.
- Lightweight, making it easy to transport and carry long distances.
- Compact to pack down easily in a suitcase or strap to the outside of a backpacking bag.
- Provides a great choice for those who frequently go backpacking over multiple seasons.
- The material helps retain body heat during cold temperatures.
- Comfortable for a restful night’s sleep.
- The horizontal baffles provide a stable platform to prevent you from rolling off.
- The price is a good value for the quality of pad you get.
- Keeps you warm in most weather conditions.
- Features airtight coatings and sealing to add extra durability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the pad not being the most durable on the market and getting small punctures after minimal use.
- The material can be noisy while you move around during the night.
- Might be too narrow for some who have broader body shapes.
- The sides can collapse and slightly deflate under a heavy load, so it might not be the best choice for heavier users.
- The baffles and the layers make this a noisy pad, which can wake you up in the middle of the night.
- Heavier on the weight spectrum than all of the other NeoAir options on the market.
- The 20″ width might be too narrow for some body types.
The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Trekker Sleeping Pad is a lightweight, comfortable, and warm option that works well for extended backpacking trips or shorter camping trips. Even though this pad is quite noisy during use and might not be wide enough for some bigger body types, it can provide ample warmth in most overnight conditions, support and padding to prevent you from feeling any hard objects on the ground, and durability to remain inflated and in one piece for multiple seasons.