We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia R1 Fleece Hooded Pullover – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 88 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 72
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Amazing fabric allows breathability while still keeping you warm.
- Nice enough to wear to work, but rugged enough for the outdoors.
- Extra long zipper makes for good ventilation.
- Zippered pockets keep items secure.
- A full face zip keeps you extra cozy.
- Very breathable.
- Compressible and light enough for the trail.
- Ninja like full face hood and thumb loops for extra warmth.
- The hood fits comfortably under a helmet.
- Off the shoulder seams.
- Stretchy material lets you move freely.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The jacket is a little loose for a typical midlayer.
- The wind will certainly bite through this jacket.
- Full face zip isn’t very comfortable.
- Like most fleece, it pills in the wash.
- Not super warm or weather resistant.
- Caters to a slim fit.
The Women’s Patagonia R1 Fleece Hooded Pullover was designed to be your one midlayer purchase. With the durability, functionality, and lightweight compressibility you need for the trail, along with the style and comfort for a night on the town, this jacket can do it all. A high tech fabric allows for breathability while also trapping heat, but this breathability comes at the cost of minimal wind protection. While expensive, the Patagonia quality and extreme versatility ensures you’ll never regret this purchase.