We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Classic Retro-X Fleece Vest – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 58
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Warm enough to wear in winter, and comfortable enough to wear year-round.
- Users like the retro fashion look.
- Fashionable and comfortable to wear as casual clothing, and functional for hiking.
- Fits well and shape holds up well.
- Good wind barrier, which is unusual for a fleece.
- Comfortable, warm and actually windproof.
- Best suited to more casual hikes, not severe mountaineering.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Inside mesh is a bit stiff.
- A little snug in the hip.
- Collar is a bit too high and stiff.
- Generous cut allowed air to seep in through the armpits and bottom.
Patagonia’s Classic Retro-X Fleece Vest for women holds up to the brand’s reputation for quality and function. Though not as technical as some of Patagonia’s products, the vest works well as a cold-weather layer, and is fashionable enough to wear around town. Most users report the fit to be on the small or snug side.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.