We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Giro Empire VR90 Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 78
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The laces distribute pressure well.
- Reliable and solid connection with the pedal.
- Lightweight feel.
- Good arch support.
- Very comfortable out of the box.
- Built for racing, but comfortable enough to wear every day.
- The leather upper conforms comfortably to the foot during the ride.
- The customizable footbed allows for maximum comfort in the arch.
- Shoes stay tight on the feet even through hours of riding.
- The cleat mount area is suitable for all but the most far-back cleat positions.
- A very light shoe while also providing superior power transfer.
- The upper is very resistant to abrasion.
- Stiff pedaling platform.
- Vibram tread on the sole for extra traction while walking.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Prone to delamination on the sole.
- Shoes run very narrow.
- Does not offer much foot protection, instead favoring lightness.
- The carbon sole is vulnerable to damage when walking over rocks.
- Not incredibly breathable, although also not overly warm.
The Giro Empire VR90 Cycling Shoe for men is an exceptionally lightweight but sturdy shoe made for cyclocross racing but versatile and comfortable enough to be worn on almost any ride. The laces, soft upper, and customizable insole create a built-for-you feel, although this shoe does run narrow, so it is wise to try it on before purchasing. The Vibram sole give extra traction for walking, while the stiff and sturdy platform allows for the efficient energy transfer that has garnered this incredibly light shoe so much praise.