We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lamson Liquid Fly Reel and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 128
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides ample performance qualities for the price you pay.
- Very simple to use for a high level of efficiency.
- Features high-quality construction and materials for long-lasting use.
- Lightweight for easy use and transportation between casts.
- The reel is very light and smooth for ease-of-use.
- The drag is sensitive for a good feel while using the reel.
- Reliable and consistent performance for long-term use.
- Uses pressure-cast aluminum for a low-priced and durable option.
- Features low start-up inertia for easy maintenance over a long period of time.
- The handle is comfortable and ergonomic for all-day use.
- The black color will not be noticeable in the water and provides stealth for fishing.
- The outer material is abrasion-resistant to withstand tough terrain.
- The drag knob is very easy to use to make on-the-fly adjustments quick and effective.
- The design is effective and efficient for ease-of-use.
- Features interchangeable color sleeves to make the reel easy to find.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The spool retention is finicky and might not work as advertised.
- The clicker can produce a loud noise that can be annoying for fishermen.
The Lamson Liquid Fly Reel is an easy-to-use, high-quality, and lightweight option that is easy to adjust and can withstand tough terrain. Despite making a loud clicking noise, this fly reel is comfortable to hold all-day-long, easy to maintain and keep in good condition for multiple seasons, and sensitive so that the fisherman can get a good feel on the reel.