We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule T2 Pro XT Hitch Rack – 2 Bike and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 305
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to use.
- Easy to load bikes.
- Once cinched down, bikes are secure and do not move.
- Worth the price.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Easy to use ratcheting arms.
- Platform-style bike rack makes loading bikes simple and quick.
- Tire cradles allow users to transport a multitude of bike types without adapters.
- Easy-access tilt lever, even when the bikes are loaded.
- Rack carries two 60-pound bikes and comes with an extension pack to carry four total.
- Comes with built in bike locks.
- Tool-free installation.
- Increased spacing between tire trays.
- Simpler designed wedge knob to secure rack to hitch instead of needing a locking hitch pin.
- Scratch-proof black coating.
- One-handed tilt lever.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- One user reported that where their rack was broken is not covered under warranty, therefore they had to buy the entire rack setup again.
- Some users have reported missing taps for the screws to screw into.
- One user reported thin, low-quality steel caused the rack to brake.
- Rack does not stay level but tilts slightly.
- One user reported missing instructions.
- Rack does not tilt down far enough.
- Cumbersome to put rack on/take rack off.
- Security cable is not long enough and is attached only by plastic.
- Lengthy initial set up.
- Extension pack is pricey.
- Extension pack only allows for a 2-inch receiver tire cradle.
- Does not have a ramp for loading e-bikes, making loading an e-bike by yourself difficult.
- Bike rack is heavy.
- Built in bike locks are not long enough to secure both the front tire and bike frame.
- Rack takes up a lot of space when storing.
- Distance between tire trays is not adjustable.
- Built-in locking system could be more secure.
The Thule T2 Pro XT Hitch Rack is an intuitive, easy-to-use durable bike rack. Its weight makes putting the rack on/off the car a little difficult, and the built-in bike locks should be longer. However, the ability to easily load anything from a road bike to a fat bike makes this rack a top seller.