We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Evolv Shaman Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 78 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4 stars
Expert Rating: 3.7 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 159
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fit wide feet well.
- Very sticky rubber.
- Surprising comfort for such an aggressive shoe.
- Very versatile.
- The “love bump” adds comfort by letting the toes sit normally but still adding power.
- Made from vegan materials.
- The “love bump” does a good job of pushing the toe forward without being painful or overly tight.
- These shoes grip particularly well in pockets, although the toes are a bit wide for security in tiny spaces.
- Very comfortable.
- Slightly cheaper than other shoes in its class.
- Double tabs on the heel make the shoes easy to put on.
- A well-fitting heel cup that is great for heel-hooking.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The shoe is not very durable.
- The sizing can be tricky to figure out.
- The soft rubber is not suitable for really good edging.
- The rubber is too thick to feel very sensitive and is not ideal for technical climbs.
- Not great for smearing.
The Evolv Shaman Climbing Shoe is a versatile shoe that people love for its comfort in an aggressive style. Made with sticky rubber and a “love bump” to keep toes towards the front of the shoe in comfort, they are enjoyed most while bouldering, but make a good all-around shoe, especially for those just getting interested in an aggressive style. The fit can be fickle though, so try these shoes on before buying and be aware that, after a break-in period, they will stretch considerably.