We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Castelli Endurance X2 Bib Short – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 114
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Padding was very comfortable compared to the competition.
- Tight enough to provide adequate compression.
- Comfortable chamois.
- No rubbing or chaffing.
- Doesn’t feel sweaty inside when hot outside.
- Adequate length to cover enough leg without being too long to impede knees.
- Leg bands stay in place without riding up during cycling.
- The seamless layer leads to a comfortable fit.
- The material remained comfortable in wet weather.
- The three-layer chamois pad provides adequate comfort and padding.
- The seamless top layer helps in wicking moisture away to improve breathability.
- The viscous pad under the chamois pad is perforated, to increase breathability and ventilation in a high-sweat area.
- The leg fit is not too tight and constricting.
- The horizontal elasticized-stitching is more efficient than silicone grips in keeping the leg fit in one place.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Reports of sizing discrepancies with ordering online, even when using the sizing guidelines.
- The shoulder straps are not wide enough for most people.
- The fabric is thin and can tear somewhat easily.
- Reports of the stitching on the chamois coming out after use.
- Not for all-day endurance rides.
- Sizing runs small, so it may be difficult to find your size online.
- The logos can crack and peel away over time.
- Despite having good ventilation and support, the straps are not laser cut, which you may expect from a short of this quality.
The Castelli Endurance X2 Bib Short for men is a solid choice for cyclists wanting a comfortable, moderately-compressive, and functional short for non-endurance rides. The durability issues prevent this short from being suitable for endurance rides, and the slim shoulder straps are not suitable for some body-types, but the comfortable material makes this bib short a nice option for most cyclists.