We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Sidi Dominator Fit Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 67
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The straps help to secure your foot in the shoe.
- Heel cup keeps your foot in and protected.
- Runs true to size.
- Replaceable treads for easy maintenance.
- Very durable and long-lasting.
- Very comfortable ride when you buy the proper fit.
- The build of the sole ensures a stiff and supportive fit.
- The carbon sole adequately transfers power to the heel for optimal output.
- The tread design is formulated to help shed mud.
- Nylon platform aids in directing power to your heels.
- The Technomicro Microfiber is very durable.
- The Soft Instep Closure aids in distributing pressure evenly across the middle of the foot.
- The upper material does not stretch like the original model.
- The upper is soft right away, but retains shape over time.
- Features a ratcheting strap and two Velcro straps for adjustability and security.
- The ankle cuff doesn’t have lots of padding, but is comfortable.
- One of the lightest shoes in this review, weighing in at 1lb 10oz for the pair.
- The outsole is made of hard rubber, and can resist wear-and-tear.
- The midsole is exposed to debris and abrasion, but the plastic hard and durable to protect the midsole.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might be slippery on wet terrain.
- Might not optimally fit wider feet.
- The insole is thin and doesn’t provide adequate arch support.
- The lugs can be slippery on rock.
- Due to the stiffness, walking and running will not feel as natural.
The Sidi Dominator Fit Cycling Shoe for men is optimal for cross country, cyclocross, and even trail rides for the intense cyclists. Due to the stiffness and inefficiency on wet terrain, we wouldn’t recommend this for a ride where you have to get off the bike numerous times, but due to the power efficiency, support, comfort, and security, we recommend this shoe for just about any other ride.