We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima LoadWarrior and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 265
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Quality construction.
- Looks really cool.
- Can fit a lot of stuff, and there is the option to buy an extension for larger loads.
- Yakima makes a lot of extensions that allow for more size, security, or versatility in carrying things.
- Simple assembly and easy to take off.
- Can fit all kinds of oddly-shaped gear.
- Bike and ski racks can go on top of it, but it does get pretty tall.
- Does not interfere with the car’s antenna or the hatch.
- Designed to fit well on smaller cars.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The factory crossbars on some cars may not fit well to the LoadWarrior.
- The optional faring does not do much to cut down on wind noise or increase the gas mileage.
- The joints are exposed to wear.
- Some users have reported lots of wind noise.
- Adjustments knobs should be regularly checked and tightened after some time.
The Yakima LoadWarrior is a simple solution to the age old problem of what to do when you run out of space in the car– you put stuff on the roof! With a durable make and simple assembly, this roof box can hold all kinds of oddly shaped items and up to 140 pounds, making it convenient for camping trips or keeping dirty things out of the car. Like most roof racks, this will lower gas mileage and adds some wind noise, but it is one of the most quality racks out there, and fits well onto smaller cars.