We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Columbia Alpine Action Omni-Heat Hooded Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 585
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The outside aids in keeping you dry, while the comfortable inner material keeps you warm.
- Features finger-holes for thumbs.
- Pockets are big enough to hold multiple items.
- Features a chest pocket for easy storage.
- Inside pocket is large enough to fit water bottle or goggles.
- Comfortable and adequate mobility.
- Zips high enough to cover chin in cold weather.
- The hood overhangs over your face, so the rain drips off.
- Fabric at the ends of the sleeves can conveniently tuck inside gloves.
- The Velcro zipper prevents cold air from coming in.
- The material is soft and doesn’t make a ‘crinkly’ noise.
- The inner layer is interchangeable, allowing for customization and constant access to the chest pocket.
- Elastic cords at the bottom hem and hood for adjustability.
- Jacket is inexpensive for what you get.
- The 100% polyester fabric provides a lightweight and water-resistant outer.
- Omni-Tech fabric is waterproof.
- Variety of color choices.
- Adjustable cuffs for warmth.
- The two hand-warmer pockets are zippered for security.
- Features an adjustable powder skirt to keep snow out.
- The insulation is 100 grams of Microtemp XF II, providing adequate warmth.
- Features a media pocket with protection against moisture build-up.
- Ample storage space with 6 pockets.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sizing runs small.
- Can fit uncomfortably for some users.
- Some gaps at the cuffs and waist, despite being adjustable.
- The hood doesn’t fit over a ski helmet and prevents the zipper from being zipped up all the way.
- The materials can sometimes feel a bit heavy and stiff.
- The hemline may be too short on some body types.
- Not the most stylish option in terms of cut and details.
- No extra ventilation features besides the front zip.
The Columbia Alpine Action Omni-Heat Hooded Jacket for women is an inexpensive option that still provides a good amount of features. While it is not the most stylish or comfortable jacket on the market, it will keep you warm and dry without breaking your bank.