We’ve read the reviews across the web for the 686 Smarty 3-in-1 Cargo Pant – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.7 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 35
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very warm and comfortable.
- Provides ample range of movement.
- Breathable to regulate temperature and prevent overheating.
- Stylish for a sleek look.
- Comfortable for a long day on the mountain.
- Ample pockets for storage space.
- Material keeps you dry and prevents snow from getting in.
- The inner lining is extremely warm in low temperatures.
- The shell pant alone is warm enough for most temperature ranges.
- The fleece lining is removable for versatility.
- The outer layer provides a compatible jacket-to-pant interface.
- Compatible with bot gaiters to prevent snow from entering.
- Plenty of pockets and cargo pockets for storage.
- Meshed venting on the inner thigh to cool you down.
- Double reinforced stitching for durability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the sizing not working for some body types due to running big.
- Not the most breathable option on the market.
The 686 Smarty 3-in-1 Cargo Pant for women is a versatile, warm, and durable pant that is well-suited for those who need a comfortable, mobile, and functional option on the mountain. Despite some issues with sizing and not being the most breathable, this pant provides ample storage, movement, and functionality for the long days on the mountain.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.