We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Scree Softshell Pant – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 119
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Not waterproof, but very water-resistant.
- The material is tough, but remains comfortable.
- Material does not catch on objects.
- Thigh pocket for easy storage.
- Breathable and flexible.
- Stretchy enough for adequate mobility.
- On the roomier-side in terms of fit, allowing for mobility.
- Belt loops for adjustability.
- True to size.
- Able to wear layers underneath comfortably during colder days.
- High-waisted cut is flattering and comfortable.
- The M3 softshell provides 4-way stretch, increasing the mobility.
- The bottom ankle uses half-zips and a cinch cord to be able to tighten them and keep weather out.
- Three big pockets for storage.
- Inexpensive option.
- Flattering cut and available in 3 lengths.
- Pockets have a fleece lining for warmth.
- The leg pockets are accessible even with a harness or backpack on.
- The material is windproof enough to keep your legs warm.
- Doesn’t show wear-and-tear easily.
- Packs up small and convenient for bringing in a backpack.
- The M3 fabric is the lightest and most breathable soft-shell fabric made by Marmot.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Legs may be too roomy for some body types.
- Not enough color variety.
- The pockets are sometimes difficult to open with gloves on.
- No crampon patches for durability.
- Can occasionally feel hot on warmer days.
- The material around the waistband is a bit wrinkly.
- The adequate breathability can also mean the pants get colder in cold and windy weather.
The Marmot Scree Softshell Pant for women is a versatile, lightweight, breathable, and water-resistant option for outdoor adventurers. The roomier cut may not suit everyone, but the looser fit allows you to comfortably layer underneath, to make these pants suitable in all weather conditions.