We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule T2 Classic – 2 Bike Hitch Rack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 323
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The rack tilts for easy access and adjustability.
- Easy to load and unload bikes quickly and safely.
- The ratcheting arm clamps the front wheels, with a strap securing the rear wheels.
- Bikes don’t damage each other while in the rack.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Rear wheel straps features rubber to protect bikes from scratching each other.
- The rear wheel cradle is adjustable, allowing it to fit various wheel bases.
- The front-wheel cradles are designed to fit differing tire widths.
- The low-loading height makes loading and securing bikes easy and efficient.
- Received top scores for versatility and capacity.
- Can accommodate almost any bike with a wheelbase of 48″ or less and wheels from 20-29″.
- The bicycle trays are adjustable, eliminating any contact between bikes.
- The directions for assembly are clear and precise.
- The package includes two wrenches and a 5mm hex key for easy adjusting.
- Both the hitch pin and the cable locks take the same key for convenience and safety.
- The body of the rack is durable steel with long-lasting paint.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might be too short for some mountain bike frames.
- Locks are not included.
- Reports of the pre-punched holes for securing the bike not being spaced correctly.
- Tilting down this contender when loaded with bikes is complicated.
- The old-school hitch pin design is more time consuming than the newer wedge designs.
- Fat bike tires and some newer wheel combinations may be too tall or too wide.
- Requires time and patience to assemble and adjust correctly.
- Pretty expensive compared to the competition.
The Thule T2 Classic – 2 Bike Hitch Rack is a versatile and durable piece of equipment that will fit almost any type of bike. The capacity to carry heavy bikes and the functional system, including easy set-up and adjustability, makes for a top-choice product.