We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Rio Gallegos Wader – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 86 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 96
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps you dry and comfortable.
- Easy to put on quickly.
- The gravel guards keep debris out.
- Waders completely cover your ankles while in the water.
- Provides adequate mobility in all movements.
- Zippered chest pocket for secure storage.
- Adjustable bib feature can promote breathability on warm days.
- The back clips are relatively easy to adjust.
- Built-in dry pocket for electronics.
- Very durable against a variety of terrain.
- Belt aids in keeping materials in a convenient location.
- The booties are minimal and comfortable.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- Able to use year-round.
- The fabric doesn’t get caught on terrain, and the fit isn’t too baggy.
- Constructed with four layers for durability.
- Moves well and maintains mobility.
- Offer 9 pockets for ample storage.
- Features a reach-through hand-warming pocket.
- Available with removable knee pads for durability.
- Available in long, short, and regular sizes.
- Features a single seam, which prevents high-friction in the inner leg area.
- The liner aids in wicking away sweat.
- Booties have abrasion-resistant soles.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the most breathable.
- The suspender and belt adjustment buckles have reportedly come loose during use.
- The two hand-warmer pockets are not zippered.
- Expensive option.
- The zippered pockets are not in the most efficient spot for easy access.
The Patagonia Rio Gallegos Wader for men is a top-of-the-line product that provides protection, mobility, adjustability, and great storage space. The high-price may deter some, but the technical features combined with comfortable features make this a great choice for all levels of fishermen.