We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Exped Megamat Duo 10 Sleeping Pad and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 316
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable.
- Not as noisy due to being comprised of foam.
- Plenty of room for two people.
- Shoulder strap for easy transport.
- The two valves aid in the inflation and deflation process.
- Ample cushioning.
- High-quality and durable materials.
- R-value of 9.5 is at the high end of the spectrum and measures how well the material impedes cold transfer.
- Includes a carrying sack, which is simple to use.
- 3.9 inches thick for extra cushioning.
- The foam evens out the cushioning under your body.
- The inflate valve system features a rubber flap to prevent air escaping.
- The face fabric is soft.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Takes a while to inflate and deflate.
- The bag for transporting isn’t waterproof.
- The self-inflation takes 1-2 hours.
- Deflation requires some more effort than most would like.
- Takes up a lot of space when storing.
- Expensive and heavy.
- Doesn’t separate into two mattresses.
- Can’t be broken into parts.
The Exped Megamat Duo 10 Sleeping Pad is a warm and comfortable car-camping mattress. Its thick and durable construction make this sleeping pad ideal for car camping when weight and packability isn’t a consideration. Roll out this mattress well before bedtime, in order to give the self-inflating mechanism plenty of time to fill with air, and you’ll enjoy a warm and comfortable night’s sleep.