We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0 GTX Trail Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 85 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.2 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 126
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Ample room in the toe box.
- Comfortable ankle area.
- Decent at shedding light precipitation.
- No pressure points.
- Good for varied terrain.
- More supportive than non-GTX models.
- Minimal break-in time.
- Stylish look.
- Bigger toe box allows for wider feet to be comfortable.
- Grips dry trails well.
- Widely-spaced lugs help to keep the mud out and clear the shoes.
- The sole sticks well to granite.
- Performs well for day-hiking in comparison to trail-running.
- Great option for heel-strikers.
- Cushioning protects from debris.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Slippery traction on wet surfaces.
- Reports of the Gore-Tex not lasting.
- The sole is stiff.
- Not the lightest option or meant for racing.
- Sizing runs small.
- The heel-lining fails first.
- The snug fit can take some getting used to.
- Your feet will get wet in heavy rain or when submerged.
- Grips very poorly on wet surfaces.
- The flexible upper leaves it easy to twist an ankle and your foot moves around inside the shoe.
- Insole is very flat and provides little to no arch support.
- Shoe may feel too stiff.
- Scores very low in terms of all-day comfort.
- Feet became uncomfortable after prolonged use due to stiff materials.
La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0 GTX Trail Running Shoe for men is a good option for those wanting an all-around shoe, that is neither a hiking boot or a trail runner, but can be used as both. The roomy fit, minimal break-in time, and dry-land stability are somewhat overshadowed by durability issues, lack of traction on wet surfaces, and stiff materials.