We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Mutant Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 119
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Provides adequate support for various foot shapes.
- Ample room in the toe box for comfort.
- Ankle cuff aids in supporting and protecting.
- Grips well on multiple surfaces, including rock and mud.
- Laces are easy to tie up tightly and quickly.
- Laces tuck in to keep them out of the way and remain tied during use.
- Provides a stable ride and breathes well.
- After being laced tightly, they hold your foot in a snug fit and prevent debris from entering.
- The sticky rubber is extremely proficient, and can hold on steep slabs.
- The combination of being softer than an approach shoe, while being firmer than a trail running shoe, allows for versatility.
- The sole is thick and provides cushioning.
- Full-rubber out-sole with gripping-lugs provides ample traction, control, and protection.
- The snug fit and lacing system ensures your foot won’t slip during activity.
- The Spyral tongue allows for a customized fit.
- Air Mesh cover is breathable and ventilates well during intense running.
- Fusiongate Lacing Harness secures your foot with an all-encompassing fit.
- EVA foam provides cushioning under your foot for comfort and protection.
- The lugs cover a high percentage of surface area on the bottom of the shoe, allowing it to be effective for approaching on boulders.
- The TPU stabilizer allows for a secure heel cup, maximizing agility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- May not have enough arch support for some people.
- Color discrepancies from ordering online versus arriving in person.
- Runs a size small, so may have to order up.
- The lacing system can take a while to get accustomed to.
- Heavy for a trail-running shoe.
- Lacing system can feel tight and somewhat confining during longer sessions.
- The larger heel-drop is noticeable, and may take some getting used to.
The La Sportiva Mutant Running Shoe for men is a great combination of stiffness and comfort, allowing the efficient approaches, trail running, and a variety of outdoor excursions. The combination of ventilation, support, adequate grip, and protection outweighs the heavier weight and intricate lacing system.