We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Oboz Bridger Mid B-Dry Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 695
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides great grip on various terrain.
- Heel fits well and doesn’t rub during use.
- Very comfortable and good for longer day hikes.
- Provides protection and ankle support.
- Very durable and long-lasting over multiple seasons.
- Toebox is wide for added comfort.
- Very minimal break-in time, adding to the immediate comfort.
- More durable than most backpacking boots, and are capable for heavy-duty peak climbs.
- The tread is very good on various terrain.
- The height of the boot prevents debris from entering.
- Comfortable for year-round use, minus very hot and humid days.
- Great for easy to moderate hiking trails, with the versatility to be used for weekend hikes, as well as weekend backing trips.
- Metal hardware keeps the lacing system securely attached to the upper.
- Rubber toe cap and heel counter add durability and protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Waterproofing isn’t as good as Gore-Tex options.
- Some reports of having no traction while edging.
- Not very breathable in hot weather.
- Not designed for multi-day hikes in mind, and the constant use might wear down the soles too quickly.
- Might not be what you’re looking for if you want heavy cushioning like you’d find in a sneaker.
The Oboz Bridger Mid B-Dry Hiking Boot for men is a high-grip and comfortable option that can be used for single-day and weekend backpacking trips. While it is not the most durable option on the market, its comfort and performance put it in a sweet spot for day hikes and shorter backpacks.