We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Danner Light II GTX Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 487
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides upper flexibility for more comfortable walking.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
- Durable to withstand abrasion and tough terrain.
- Features a heavy-duty sole that protects your feet during tough use.
- Fairly lightweight for a heavy-duty boot.
- Provides great traction on a variety of surfaces.
- Can be used for everyday use on short treks comfortably and easily.
- The full grain leather provides flexibility while still giving ankle support.
- The Vibram sole provides ample traction on rocky terrain.
- The molded support provides plenty of cushioning and arch support for various foot types.
- Waterproof to keep wet weather out and keep your feet dry.
- Provides decent breathability for a heavy-duty shoe to provide temperature regulation.
- The style is classic-looking and sleek.
- The Gore-Tex liner is both weatherproof and warm to keep your feet comfortable.
- Re-soleable so that the boots can last a long time.
- The stitch-down design shows the high-quality and meticulous used in the construction process.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The heel cup in the right boot is uncomfortable and defective while walking.
- Some users may not like the shape of the outsole since it will feel more rounded compared to other boots.
- There were many reports of the boots being squeaky while walking, causing annoyance to the wearer.
- The lining can wrinkle near the top of the tongue and become more uncomfortable for walking.
- On the high end of the price spectrum compared to other boots.
- Feature a longer break-in period than most boots.
- The heel counters are not padded and lack comfort.
- Does not have as many color options as the Mountain Light model.
- Heavy compared to other options.
The Danner Light II GTX Hiking Boot for men is a rugged, durable, and waterproof boot that works well for those looking for a classic boot that can last multiple hiking seasons. If you are a fast packer, look elsewhere. But if you are interested in a boot that can keep your feet warm and dry for all-day excursions, this could be a good choice for you.