We’ve read the reviews across the web for the YETI Hopper Flip 12 and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1485
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Sturdy and durable build that is long-lasting.
- Easy to clean inside for sanitation purposes and ease of use.
- Multiple reports of food and beverages staying cold for the desired amount of time.
- Not too heavy despite being sturdy.
- Easy to pack and carry.
- Flip top allows for easy access.
- Keeps items cold and ice stays frozen all day.
- Soft-side cooler makes it a little bit lighter to carry.
- Fits 12 cans easily.
- The company is reliable and has a good reputation.
- Padded shoulder strap allows for easy carrying.
- Velcro patch for attachments on the sides.
- Side-handles ensure efficient transport.
- Keeps items cold for 24+ hours, ensuring your food and drinks stay at the right temperature.
- The outer layer is waterproof and scratch-proof, showing the long-lasting material of the cooler.
- Coldcell insulation does well at keeping the inside of the cooler cold.
- Interior is food-grade FDA-approved, ensuring your food stays at a safe temperature.
- Passed the 24-hour drink and ice test.
- Price is lower than the previous version.
- One of the best overall performers.
- Thick insulation and sealed zippers allows for temperature regulation and leak-proof ability.
- The large opening makes loading easy and quick.
- This cooler is a combination of insulation, durability, portability, and comfort.
- You are able to add accessories to this cooler, like a bottle opener, tool holder, and gear case, adding to the versatility and efficiency.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the zipper breaking and causing leaking.
- Stiff zipper makes it more difficult to open and close quickly.
- Doesn’t always stay open when the lid is back.
- Extremely expensive option compared to the competition.
- Performance is not much better than a cheap $15 Igloo cooler.
- Zipper is heavy duty and has reportedly gotten stuck on occasion.
- The cooler is somewhat rigid, and prevents the ability to pack down to create space.
The YETI Hopper Flip 12 is a long-lasting, efficient, and transportable cooler. Of course, the question arises, “is this worth the very high price?” While often with YETI coolers, the answer is “yes,” but in this case it isn’t so clear. While the cooler is durable enough to last a lifetime, the insulating performance may not exceed that of other, much less expensive, options.