We’ve read the reviews across the web for the YETI Hopper Two 30 Cooler and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 958
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Holds ice for 2 days without it all melting.
- Keeps beverages cold in direct sunlight.
- Easy to carry, despite being big and burly.
- Big and wide opening makes it easy to load and unload quickly.
- Can add a pouch to the side to hold valuable items securely.
- Doesn’t sweat during hot and humid weather, ensuring the inside stays cold.
- Well made and high-quality craftsmanship and materials.
- The handles on the middle and sides aid in transporting easily.
- During a test, this product remained colder than other coolers over time.
- 100% leakproof due to zippers and material.
- 6 D-rings are able to withstand torsional stress and provide durability during activities.
- HydroLok Zipper aids in waterproofing.
- 1.5″ thick insulation for added coldness and protection.
- Utilizes zipper oil to try and prevent the zippers from sticking.
- Puncture resistant to remain durable and long-lasting.
- Outer layer aids in fighting off UV rays for enhanced protection.
- Retained 15 ounces of an original amount of 7lbs. of ice after 3 days of use, showing the efficiency of the cooler.
- Attachment loops make it easy to bring other items.
- Depending on conditions, can keep ice frozen for 24 hours in the sun, and 48 hours in the shade.
- Able to hold 30 pounds of crushed ice, showing the volume capacity.
- Zipper is forward-facing, making the cooler easier to load.
- The Dryhide Shell is resistant to mildew, enhancing the longevity of the cooler.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Extremely expensive option compared to other coolers.
- Zipper is stiff, making it more difficult to open and close.
- Doesn’t feel like the volume is as large on the inside when looking at the bulk of the cooler as a whole.
- Expensive option when compared to the competition and similar-sized coolers.
- No external pockets for easily accessible storage.
- No frills or added features.
- Doesn’t pack down easily for transporting or storage.
- One of the heaviest coolers in this space.
- Zipper is stiff, and can accidentally push the opening closed when unzipped.
- Compared to the smaller and lighter Backflip 24 cooler, it can only hold 3 more beers total, making it questionable whether this more expensive and bigger cooler is worth it.
The YETI Hopper Two 30 Cooler is a big investment but delivers a spacious and high-quality cooler that will last multiple years. The top of the line craftsmanship is reflected in the high price, but the waterproof material, insulation, and ability to keep items cool inside for extended periods makes this cooler a top choice.