We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Limestone Tent: 6-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 66
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Able to open the roof area for more visibility.
- Ample air flow even with the rain-fly on.
- Keeps you dry in rough weather.
- Easy to set up.
- The zippers work well and don’t get caught.
- Spacious and a great design with ample space.
- Venting is great and prevents moisture build-up.
- The tent fabric is sturdy and durable.
- Set up is intuitive and easy to figure out quickly.
- Gear pockets are spread throughout for easy convenience.
- Ceiling and upper are mesh to be able to see your surroundings.
- Four-zippered front door makes it easy to turn into a double entrance.
- Able to make a veranda with hiking poles and the guy-lines.
- Rain-fly provides good coverage, which can be tightened to provide rain run-off.
- Well built and high-quality.
- Sturdy and waterproof.
- Relatively lightweight for a 6 person tent.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some wish the tent was even more breathable than it already is.
- Some reports of the rain-fly developing a tear, though this can be easily replaced.
- Might be too tight to fit 6 people.
- Vestibule might not be big enough for relaxing around.
- Fly has a tendency to get caught on the side-wall poles during set up.
- Top pole is tight and could potentially rip if not careful.
The Marmot Limestone Tent: 6-Person 3-Season is a durable, sturdy, waterproof, and spacious option that is suited for almost any weather conditions. The visibility, weatherproofing, and easy set-up make this a good choice for camping backpacking, while the tent may be too small for 6 people with ample gear.