We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Electric EG2 Goggles and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 196
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides a great field of vision.
- Clear optics, allowing you to see accurately.
- Attractive and stylish look.
- Two lenses work well in flat-light situations, providing versatility.
- The Gloss black color aids in protecting your eyes.
- The Bronze-Silver Chrome lens helps you see in bright sunlight, which is useful on the slopes.
- Durable and well-made construction and materials.
- Comes with a cloth bag for easy storage.
- Comfortable and long-lasting design.
- Provides great ventilation to prevent fogging of the goggles.
- Anti-fog and anti-scratch coating promotes durability.
- Aids in protecting eyes from UV damage.
- The large curved and rounded lens provides a good field of vision.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- Works with nearly every helmet, for versatility.
- Ergonomic frame design, meaning less frame so your field of vision is better and lighter weight.
- 100% UV protective from harmful rays.
- Prevents fogging due to the dual lens technology.
- Only has minimal vision distortion when wearing.
- Features a 40mm strap with silicone lining for comfort and adjustability.
- Rated best for peripheral vision.
- Lens available in more than 30 shades for versatility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The strap doesn’t have a grip to ensure it stays on the helmet.
- Might be too large for some faces.
- The frame doesn’t accommodate all helmets.
- The lining seems stiff and is difficult to get the lens in and out.
- Not designed for a small face, since the lens is bigger and the shape is oversized.
- The finish on the lens may show wear-and-tear quicker than expected.
- Scratches easier than Oakleys, so the durability is not the best on the market.
The Electric EG2 Goggles are a great choice for serious skiers and snowboarders who want adjustability and customization with their goggles, being able to swap between lenses, adjust the tightness, and wear with almost any helmet. Be aware that the lens coating may wear quickly, but if you can baby them (like most high-end goggles) they will serve you well.