We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Backcountry x G3 High Traction Splitboard Skin and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 11
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Not very expensive compared to other options.
- Easy to cut for quick adjustments.
- Easy to prepare right out of the box for quick functionality and ease of use.
- The hand tip connectors are self-aligning, making it easier to connect.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some issues of the glue not sticking well, citing a lack of durability.
- The top clips are not directional, which reduces the functionality.
- You might need to size down if you are between sizes, because if not, the clips might end up being a little loose and shaky while using.
- The bag they come in is not durable and the drawstring can fray after minimal use.
- Some reports of the glue failing completely after just a few tours, showing a lack of durability.
- Some reports of snow getting stuck in between the skin and the board due to the failure of the glue to hold.
The Backcountry x G3 High Traction Splitboard Skin is an inexpensive and easy to use skin that could work well for many skiers. However, many users have noted that the glue is a huge problem with this product, failing after just a few tours and rendering the skins useless. With a product that has so many reviews about the glue issues, a lack of functionality, and signs of reduced durability, this might not be the best high traction splitboard skin available on the market today.