We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Primo Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 31
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Newest version of this jacket isn’t actually down – instead, it is an incredible synthetic material that is warm like down but maintains insulating capabilities when wet.
- Warm and lightweight option.
- Waterproof and wind resistant.
- Lots of pockets, adding to the functionality and storage of the jacket.
- Length covers fully and seals in warmth.
- The high quality insulation keeps your core warm and aids in thermoregulation.
- Gore-Tex provides wind and waterproofing qualities and keeps you dry.
- Removable powder skirt for efficiency.
- Versatile and comfortable jacket.
- Down-like insulation provides better warmth-to-weight ratio than traditional synthetic fill.
- Gore-Tex shell fabric is breathable and waterproof.
- Offers great mobility and range of motion.
- The powder skirt prevents drafts and stops snow from entering but can also be removed easily.
- The cuffs can be used over any-sized gloves.
- DWR coating adds to moisture protection.
- All zippers have waterproof designs.
- The hood is functional and moves with your head.
- You can move your arms in any direction without disturbing the fit of the torso.
- The pit-zips have two pulls each for easy use.
- Pass-clip in the forearm pocket for ease on the slopes.
- Fleece-lined chin for comfort and warmth against your face.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sizing discrepancies from previous versions.
- Zippers are stiff at first.
- The hood may not fit all helmets well.
- The hood uses complicated cord locks which are a bit confusing and tedious to use.
- Hand warmer pockets are lined with lightweight nylon, which isn’t very warm.
- Mesh backing inhibits some air flow in the vents.
- Doesn’t have a goggle wipe in the pocket.
The Patagonia Primo Down Jacket for men is a weather-resistant, warm, and functional jacket that is a good option for hitting the slopes. The ski-specific features, such as removable powder skirt and pass-clip in the forearm pocket, make this a high-quality option for skiers and snowboarders, at a high-end price.