We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Adze Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 68
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- High-quality construction at a good price.
- Comfortable to wear and move around in.
- Provides warmth and comfort as a stand-alone or as a layer.
- Versatile to wear on the mountain or around town.
- Provides good water-resistance and wind-resistance for a lightweight jacket.
- Great choice for a non-technical softshell layer.
- Fabric is DWR-treated for extra protection against light precipitation.
- Outer layer is good at blocking winds and keeping you warm.
- Despite not being the most breathable option, it is quite breathable in terms of casual jackets.
- The diagonal outer pockets are easy to use and functional.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Reports of the sleeves and the length being way too long if you buy according to size.
- Retains moisture when you sweat, which leads to an uncomfortable feeling.
- Takes a long time to dry after getting wet which limits the functionality.
- The zipper can get caught in the fabric, making it tedious and difficult to operate smoothly.
- The 2-stretch fabric doesn’t provide ample mobility for activities.
- The cut can feel boxy and baggy, instead of an athletic or slim cut.
- Not one of the lightest options on the market.
- Only has a few pockets for limited storage options.
The Patagonia Adze Jacket for men is a casual, comfortable, and water/wind-resistant layering option. Despite having numerous issues with the sizing running too big, this jacket can provide some warmth and comfort once you find the correct size for you. This jacket is well-suited for users who don’t need a high-tech jacket, but want a warm, versatile, and high-quality choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.