We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Icebreaker BodyFit 260 1/2-Zip Tech Top – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 363
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- True to size fit.
- Thumb holes for functionality.
- Longer body fit to fully cover and keep heat in.
- Doesn’t stretch out or lose shape over time.
- Fits well under bibs.
- Washes easily and is long-lasting.
- Doesn’t smell after prolonged use.
- Attractive color options and stylish.
- Comfortable and warm.
- High collar keeps your neck covered and chin warm.
- Dries quickly after getting wet.
- 100% Merino wool is warm and soft.
- Wool is capable of offloading heat once the temperature gets too warm.
- Some wind-resistance when worn as outer layer.
- Versatile for 4-seasons.
- Wicks away moisture and keeps away from skin.
- Very breathable material.
- Wide neck aids in thermoregulation.
- Soft, comfortable, and relaxed fit.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Thumb opening is just a gap in fabric, rather than a more durable edging.
- Set-in sleeve rather than raglan style, which is different than previous models.
- Sizing is different than previous models, which may make it difficult to buy online.
- Sometimes may ride up during activity.
- Doesn’t slide as easily over other layers.
- The drying rate is slightly slower than some of the competition.
- Not the most durable as an outer layer, due to the potential to snag or get caught.
The Icebreaker BodyFit 260 1/2-Zip Tech Top for women is a highly versatile 4-season top that can be worn as an outer, mid, or base-layer in all climates. The tendency for the fabric to get caught may make layering more difficult and wearing as an outer layer not the most durable, but the comfort, warmth, wicking qualities, and fit make this a great option for those needing a multi-purpose layer.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.