We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Wildcat Trail Running Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 85 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 126
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and easy to pack.
- Adequate ventilation and breathability.
- Minimal break-in time.
- Stiffness in the sole and underfoot padding allows for a supportive and comfortable fit.
- No pressure on any sore spots and no reports of blisters.
- Good for a variety of activities, like hiking, running, and scrambling, due to the versatility provided.
- Holds up in various conditions and is durable.
- Adequate amount of support for most people.
- Good traction on a variety of terrain.
- Very stable and cushioned.
- Combines grip with agility for a secure, but nimble, feel.
- Lugs are angled in opposite directions to enhance grip in multiple planes.
- The sole aids in translating energy into forward motion.
- The mesh upper is breathable with little moisture build-up.
- The toe guard wraps around the toes for protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Less ankle support than traditional hiking boots.
- Might be too heavy for runners looking for a lightweight trail shoe.
- Not ideal for long day hikes due to the lack of padding under the ball of the foot in the shoe.
- 12mm heel drop can feel high and some may not be used to it.
- Shallow lugs don’t provide adequate traction on wet surfaces.
- Not the most stable fit in the heel, due to the higher stack-height and narrow shape.
The La Sportiva Wildcat Trail Running Shoe for women is a lightweight, breathable, and versatile shoe that is suitable for hikers and runners alike. The support is less than a traditional boot, but the shoe is heavier than some lightweight trail-runners, making this a hybrid shoe that is suitable for adequate performance in both sports.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.