We’ve read the reviews across the web for the KEEN Targhee III Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 968
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable out of the box with minimal break-in time.
- Stable on loose terrain and supportive.
- Ankle support is good for stabilization on uneven terrain.
- Can withstand debris and rough terrain due to the durable material.
- Provides ample grip on slippery surfaces.
- The lacing system provides a snug fit.
- Good price for the high-quality shoe you get.
- Protection against water entering, at-least up until a certain level.
- Very comfortable out of the box with minimal break-in time.
- Excellent grip and traction on trails, rocks, and roots.
- The leather upper is softer and more flexible than other one-piece rigid boots.
- Ample ankle cushioning for support and comfort.
- Good lateral stability due to the wider soles.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of these shoes being too narrow in the toe box when compared to previous versions.
- Some reports of the stitching coming apart.
- Some reports of the shoes not being fully waterproof, as water can enter via the tongue area.
- Doesn’t have the highest waterproofing level when compared to other options.
- Although it has good traction on a variety of surfaces, it doesn’t have the best traction on steep or rocky terrain due to lack of rigidity.
- Doesn’t provide the same support as larger or heavier boots.
The KEEN Targhee III Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot for women is a comfortable, high-traction, and flexible boot that is well-suited for those who want a supportive, durable, and snug-fitting option for the trails. Despite not having the best traction on very steep or rocky terrain, the boot will be able to withstand the usual rocks and debris on trails. These boots are great for medium impact hiking, although care should be taken in very wet conditions.