We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Timbuk2 Classic 9 – 28L Messenger Bag and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 2079
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Many reports of being high-quality construction and materials.
- Attractive and stylish design.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Interior has liner for protection from light rain.
- Concealed flap buckles allow for style and efficiency.
- The grab handle is on the side, making it possible to pick up while the top flap is still open.
- Front-side access pocket for easy storage.
- Fully customizable and adjustable.
- Various sizes for men and women.
- Choice of features, colors, and styles, allowing for versatility.
- Inner cover is coated with waterproof TPU for weather-resistance.
- Napoleon pocket allows for access without opening the bag.
- Industrial-strength Velcro for secure closing.
- Two interior water bottle pockets.
- Buckle and double-backed straps eliminate any excess material.
- Adjustable waist strap and armpit straps.
- Compact and simple design.
- The padded shoulder strap takes pressure off your neck and shoulder for easier carrying.
- This is the most comfortable messenger bag.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of not enough pockets for all the necessary materials.
- Strap loses shape when putting on due to being less durable.
- Some reports of TPU liner cracking due to humidity and weather after only minimal use.
- The pen-sized pockets are now gone on this newer model.
- Reports being smaller and less practical than older model, due to less storage.
- Napoleon pocket not secured by zipper or Velcro.
- Internal side pockets are too small for a liter Nalgene bottle.
- Minimal padding for laptop doesn’t add much protection.
- Cam buckle system is slow to adjust.
- The buckle system makes the cross-strap tedious to adjust.
- The inside organizational pockets take up space in the main compartment.
The Timbuk2 Classic 9 – 28L Messenger Bag is an adjustable, durable, and stylish bag that is from a well-known company and has recently changed its previous model into a new design. The reports of less storage space, tedious customization options, and a minimal-padded laptop sleeve are potential downsides, but the multiple reviews of the bag being attractive, efficient, and smartly-designed may mean this right for you.