We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Wahoo Fitness ELEMNT GPS Bike Computer and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 409
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy and fast to upload the ride to Strava via WiFi.
- Updates are provided automatically and continuously.
- LEDs blink when your turn is coming up, allowing for time to make a decision.
- Map is clearer than the Edge model.
- Screen contrast is clear and better than other models.
- Easy to change the number of fields on the screen for adjustability.
- Can run 2+ Strava line segments at same time for functionality.
- Able to use Garmin ANT+ sensors without any issues.
- Features a ‘do not disturb’ option for safety.
- Minimalist design and functions for ease of use.
- Easy set up and connection to ANT+ and Bluetooth functions.
- Turn by turn directions aid in efficiency.
- Compatible with various apps.
- Waterproof down to 5 feet for weather protection.
- Doesn’t need instruction manual to learn how to set up.
- Six push buttons allow for ease of use while wearing gloves.
- Waterproof and shockproof, aiding in the durability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Battery life will not hit the projected amount, and last around 10 hours during active mode.
- Can’t turn off the LED light to save battery.
- Doesn’t have a touchscreen or a button to activate or control the backlight.
- Charging port can only be accessed on the back, limiting efficiency.
- Some reports of bug issues like WiFi drops, settings not being saved, and syncing issues.
- Occasional issues with finding and connecting to WiFi.
- Battery life isn’t the reported 17 hours.
- No specialized functions, such as structured workouts or training plans.
- No ‘back to start’ functions for safety.
- Not a color screen.
- No map view for versatility.
- No off-course navigation for when your plans change.
The Wahoo Fitness ELEMNT GPS Bike Computer is a good option for cyclists who want an easy to use, easy to see, and easy to set up option, without any fancy programs and customizations. The lack of software and specialized functions may make this not as flashy as some other options on the market, but the minimalist approach makes this a nice go-to option for cyclists who want to focus on their programmed ride.