We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Crank Brothers Highline Dropper Seatpost and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 197
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Remote lever is functional and efficient.
- Fit and finish are nice and stylish.
- Smooth actuation for easy adjustability.
- Smoother operation and you don’t have to push hard on the lever.
- Multi-pole positions on the lever for customization.
- Able to obtain almost any configuration with the actuator, providing versatility.
- Easy to install or replace the saddle if needed.
- Fully-sealed aluminum cartridge can be removed if need be.
- The spiral plunger is used to let hydraulic fluid pass, letting the post compress and extend at a consistent force, creating a smooth ride and function.
- The ball and socket join lets you adjust the bar to wherever you want.
- The bar remote stays firm under pressure, aiding in durability.
- The shift lever is comfortable, and the smooth action aids in making micro-adjustments of the seatpost easy.
- Two-bolt seat-rail clamps are easy to micro-adjust and securely retain a saddle.
- No stickiness or wobbling.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some issues of the seat not returning to the right level and staying depressed.
- Slow up and down movement.
- Can be finnicky with sharp bends, causing a lack of efficiency.
- Not as responsive as other models.
- Not the fastest return.
- Some friction can build up in the barrel cam.
- The company is working on building their reputation and reliability.
The Crank Brothers Highline Dropper Seatpost is a good choice for those who want a functional, smooth, and adjustable seatpost, without worrying about the quickness of the movement or fastness of return.