We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Sidi Genius 7 Carbon Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 85
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides a snug and customized fit.
- High-quality craftsmanship and design.
- Comfortable with a stiff sole.
- Straps hold the shoe secure.
- Lighter and stiffer than previous models, for reduced weight and increased stability.
- Ratcheting buckle aids in keeping the shoe in place.
- Available in sizes up to 52 to accommodate both wider and longer feet.
- Multi-strap closure system lets you fully adjust the tension over all parts of the shoe.
- Technomicro is a synthetic leather that aids in repelling water and resisting abrasions.
- Durable and long-lasting material and make.
- The ratcheting buckle allows for minor adjustments.
- The Soft Instep Closure System aids in distributing pressure evenly across the foot.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Runs very small, so will need to try on before purchasing.
- Some reports of lack of comfort around the tongue and foot-bed.
- Not the lightest option when compared to similar models.
- No vents on the sole, and only a few on the upper for ventilation.
- Somewhat heavy.
The Sidi Genius 7 Carbon Cycling Shoe for men is a durable, adjustable, and high-quality shoe that provides plenty of foot security and adjustment points for a snug fit during cycling. The sizing issues and lack of comfort in some areas may deter some, especially some casual cyclists, but for those who want a performance-oriented shoe, this is a great option.