We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Camp Chef Outdoorsman High Pressure 2-Burner Stove and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 239
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Height was good level and provided ease of use.
- Heat was even and didn’t burn food.
- Additions like side trays, risers, and carrying bag are all available, adding to the functionality.
- Set up is easy and quick.
- Durable and long-lasting for multiple seasons.
- High output design aids in performance during inclement weather.
- Able to boil water quickly.
- Packs down to a decent size for easier transport.
- Windshield aids in protecting from breezes.
- Wrench is pre-attached to tank hose to ensure a tight connection with the stove.
- Ability to simmer makes cooking easy and efficient.
- Temperature controls are easy to use and the regulator is easy to pull on and off.
- Versatile and aids in simplifying cooking.
- Features a 60,000 and 30,000 BTU burner for efficiency.
- Three-sided windscreen for enhanced blocking ability.
- Adjustable controls for customization of cooking heat.
- Detachable and removable legs for making the size smaller.
- Reasonable price and versatile.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Despite packing down, this burner stove is a little heavy and difficult to transport.
- Some reports of the plastic knobs to tighten the legs not being the most durable.
- Despite blocking breezes, the windscreen doesn’t add sufficient protection.
- Air control on the burners can be a little finnicky to adjust.
- Heavier than Coleman and longer size.
The Camp Chef Outdoorsman High Pressure 2-Burner Stove is a great option for avid car campers who want an efficient, adjustable, and transportable stove that has a simmer option for easy cooking. The limited functionality of the windscreen and heaviness doesn’t detract from the ease of use, versatility, and great price.