We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Rab Siltarp2 Shelter and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 23
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight for easy transportation on long trips.
- Compact to easily fit in small packs.
- Relatively inexpensive when compared to similar options on the market.
- Waterproof to keep the rain out during prolonged precipitation.
- Versatile for many different adventures and trip lengths.
- Compatible for one or two-person use for added functionality.
- Packs down quite small for easy transportation in a small pack.
- The material is strong and durable to prevent rips and tears.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Heavier than other options, reducing the functionality for long-distance hikes.
- Provides only three-sided weather protection, which may not be enough during intense rain or wind.
- Not free-standing, so you need a structure or tree to use with the tarp.
- Lacks multiple tie-out points for increased protection against intense weather.
The Rab Siltarp2 Shelter is a versatile, lightweight, and compact option that can provide protection for 1-2 people during camping or hiking trips. Although this shelter is not fully protective during intense windy storms, it is waterproof and won’t leak through the fabric.