We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Liquid Point Shell Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 58
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Sturdy materials, construction, and zippers.
- 2.5-layer Gore-Tex for durability and protection.
- Pit-zips for ventilation and breathability.
- Lightweight and packable for transporting.
- Able to cinch down the hood for full customization.
- Very durable and waterproof.
- Full-collar for protection from wind.
- Fits nicely if sized correctly.
- Climbing-helmet compatible hood.
- Two-way armpit vents for easy use.
- Draw-cord hem for cinching and controlling heat.
- No moisture penetration or heat buildup.
- Made to move and provide good mobility.
- The main zipper is backed by fabric to aid in weather-resistant abilities.
- Two hand pockets are hidden by a flap, enhancing the sleek style.
- Cuffs are adjustable and the hood features 3 adjustment points for full customization.
- Regular fit leaves space for layering.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the length being too long for some body types.
- No chest pocket for easy storage.
- The whole jacket is lacking in pockets and storage options.
- Fits loosely, which some may not like.
- Non-waterproof zippers.
- The two-way pit zips are sometimes hard to pull with gloves on.
- The Gore-Tex Paclite material was not breathable enough.
- The hood can be hard to lock down tight for smaller helmets or just on your head.
The Black Diamond Liquid Point Shell Jacket for men is a good choice for alpine adventurers who want a lightweight, adjustable, and mobile option that is created with alpine activities in mind. The ample amount of drawcords and mobility in the fit is slightly hindered by the lack of pockets and breathability, but this jacket still proves to be a great option for outdoor athletes.