We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Nano-Air Light Hybrid Insulated Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 91 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 65
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- The hood stays tight and secure to your face to keep out cold winds and precipitation.
- Lightweight for easy layering and packing.
- Breathable for use during hot conditions during outdoor exercise.
- Provides extra warmth as a mid-layer during very cold temperatures.
- Uses breathable material on the back to prevent excess sweating during intense exercise.
- Works well for running and ski touring for use during a variety of outdoor exercises.
- The stretchy material is great for a full range of motion.
- Provides extra warmth as a mid-layer during very cold conditions.
- The liner is soft and comfortable against your skin.
- Features DWR treatment on the front panel for protection against light precipitation.
- Features thumb holes for added warmth and the ability to keep your sleeves in place during running.
- Fairly windproof to keep you warm against light breezes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the sizing not being correct, with the fit being too tight or too short.
- Might be too warm for highly aerobic activities in warm conditions.
- The sizing runs a bit large, making it hard to find the correct fit when shopping online.
- Does not use hand-warmer pockets, which can come in handy during very cold conditions.
- The 20-denier ripstop fabric is not the burliest for consistent use in the backcountry.
The Patagonia Nano-Air Light Hybrid Insulated Hooded Jacket for men is a lightweight, breathable, and stretchy option that works well for a variety of outdoor activities. Usable as a mid-layer to provide extra warmth during cold weather, this lightweight jacket is a good option for those who frequently do high-exertion exercise, like running, ski touring, or hiking.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.