We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Airshed Pullover – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 71
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Thin and packable but still retains heat.
- Works well as a light windbreaker.
- Breathes well for activities.
- Works well as a baselayer that cuts down on the effects of light wind and dries quickly.
- Repels light moisture well.
- Great mobility provided by the cut and material.
- Fits into own pocket.
- Able to layer over a base or mid layer to provide some slight wind-resistance instead of wearing a less-breathable jacket.
- Able to layer under a mid layer to aid in breathability and cooling ability.
- Very versatile in many conditions.
- The air-permeable fabric improves comfort and versatility for active use and warmer temperatures.
- Features a zippered chest pocket for secure storage.
- Dries quickly after getting wet.
- The spandex-like material used at the hem and cuff allows for some stretch.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Only cuts down on the effects felt by wind, but not necessarily blocking wind or repelling it.
- Forearms are cut narrow, and the cuffs have only minimal stretch.
- Some reports of pilling on the fabric after use.
- Thin and not the most durable, so it can snag easily.
- Not great water-resistance and permeable after only a minimal time.
- No full-length zipper or hood for added functionality and weather protection.
The Patagonia Airshed Pullover for men is a lightweight, comfortable, and breathable option that is suitable for high intensity activities in cool weather. Despite not having optimal wind or water resistance, the moderate weather protection coupled with supreme breathability and lightweight materials make this a great option.