We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot ROM Softshell Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 62
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Sleeve length is good.
- Adjustable Velcro cuffs to keep the heat in.
- Fabric has stretch and provides mobility.
- Jacket is breathable so it doesn’t overheat.
- Hood is comfortable and provides a snug fit.
- Lightweight and wind-resistant.
- Chin-zip for full protection.
- Reports of the rain successfully beading-up on the surface of the jacket due to the DWR treatment.
- Provides some insulation, but still breathable.
- Stretch in the fabric provides mobility for activities.
- Comprised of Gore Windstopper soft-shell 100% polyester fabric, aiding in the breathability and water-resistance.
- Chest region offers warmth due to quick-drying polyester fleece.
- The side panels are thin and allow for ventilation.
- DWR finish aids in protecting against light precipitation.
- The long cut keeps your core covered and warm.
- Velcro cuffs keep heat in and the snow out.
- Chimney vent pockets can hold ample storage.
- Hood fits helmets and has 2 adjustments for customization.
- The external chest pocket utilizes a concealed zipper for a sleek look and access to easy storage.
- Sleeve design allows for overhead movement.
- The jacket fabric does not hold onto moisture.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the inner lining being itchy.
- Not a thick enough option for stand-alone use in cold weather.
- Not windproof or waterproof.
- Hand-warmer pockets are somewhat difficult to access with a harness on.
- The weather-resistance is not the best for bad weather.
- Not the best choice for alpine activities.
The Marmot ROM Softshell Jacket for men is an adjustable, breathable, and mobile option that is good for outdoor athletes who will not spend the majority of their time in intense weather. The weather-resistant qualities are sufficient for light precipitation but won’t stand up in strong wind, big snowstorms or heavy rain. For skiers and snowboarders who spend most of the season in drier climates, this jacket is a solid choice.