We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Equipment Ibex Mountain Softshell Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 89
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very warm and comfortable for cold temperatures.
- Very durable to withstand abrasions and last through multiple seasons.
- Versatile to use in many weather conditions and activities.
- Features an integrated belt for ample adjustability.
- Contain plenty of pockets to securely hold your gear.
- The zips allow for extra ventilation and breathability.
- Wind and water-resistant to add some weather protection.
- Stretches well for ample mobility and movement.
- The fabric is soft and comfortable against your skin.
- The stretch fabric allows a wide range of movement.
- The pants are soft to the touch and provide comfort against your skin during all-day use.
- The outer material helps to repel water and prevent any build-up of moisture.
- Water-resistant for additional weather protection.
- Provides wind resistance for keeping you warm in cold temperatures.
- Provides a great fit that is flattering and easy to layer without being too baggy.
- The pants have two thigh pockets, two hand pockets, and one rear pocket for ample storage.
- Lightweight and comfortable for all-day use.
- Features an internal gusset panel for additional movement and stretchiness.
- Features zippered ankles to keep in the warmth and keep out any snow or debris.
- The waistband is fleece-lined for additional warmth and comfort against your skin.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The snaps at the top of the fly might not be the easiest to get undone quickly.
- Since the pocket zippers are vertical, there is a slim chance you could lose some items if you do not zip the pockets properly.
- Softshell pants can be more expensive than other options on the market.
- Some may wish that the thigh pockets had built-in or dedicated thigh vents for extra breathability.
- The softshell is not the most breathable fabric for high-intensity activity.
The Mountain Equipment Ibex Mountain Softshell Pant for men is a durable, adjustable, and stretchy option that works well for a wide variety of activities. Even though this pant is not the most breathable and is at the higher end of the price spectrum, if you want a high-quality pant, then the price could be worth it. With soft and comfortable inner material, durable and water-resistant outer material, and versatility for use in a variety of conditions, this could be a good choice for an all-around outdoor pant.